Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our house!

I realized it is long past due for some real pictures of our house with our stuff in it. Same layout, new stuff. Although not really, just the table and sofa. :O)

We really do love our new house. It's size is just right, but it still takes about a day to clean, sadly. I am working on getting some flowers planted in the front yard and we're going to get a fruit tree for either the backyard or the front yard. It's too late in the season to continue planting, but I plan to get some more flowers (dahlias, cosmos, zinnias) into the front yard to give it more color. In March or so, we will set up our raised beds in the backyard for the garden. I plan to be busy weeding and harvesting next year. The three dead trees came down for a very reasonable fee. No one was hurt in the taking down of these trees.

The inside is perfectly livable. We haven't painted a thing. Still waiting for inspiration to hit. Have curtains to hang yet, our bedroom will be first. Apparently the shades in our bedroom are see-through so we covered the windows with a sheet. I don't want to hang curtains until I figure out exactly what I'm doing with the room though.

We love our quiet little neighborhood. We try to get out and walk on a regular basis. In doing so, we walk hills and valleys. It very good exercise in the course of an hour. Lots of trees and deer. Almost as good as living in the country, but there is no real substitute.